Stone Front Porch Design
It’s a fact that stone front porches are real head-turners! Stacked stone is an age-old design used for centuries for fences, columns, and simply as decoration. Stone around the lower, front fascia — and bases for front porch columns — convey solid beauty. At Georgia Front Porch, we often wrap wood posts and bases with stone for added texture and architectural interest. Front porch steps can be upgraded by using bluestone, granite, limestone, or other types of pavers to create a beautiful new entry from your sidewalk to your newly updated front porch.
We will help you feel confident about your design options because you’ll see several 3-D renditions from which to choose. This will also ensure your new porch addition fits seamlessly into your home’s original design, rather than looking like an after thought.
Stone front porches might include a metal or shingle roof, wood, PVC, or aluminum balusters which look like iron but are low maintenance, round or square columns, ceiling fans, recessed lights and more. Ceiling choices include bead board, tongue and groove, coffered, and other designs. You may even wish to go truly old-Southern-traditional and paint the ceiling blue!
Once your stone front porch is constructed, normally in 7 – 10 days, you’ll want to furnish it so that you can truly relax and entertain on it. Your front porch is essentially an outdoor extension of your living space, an area of your home to be used for relaxing, enjoying a different view, unwinding with a good book, or even having coffee or tea with a neighbor.
For a long-lasting curb appeal investment, a stone front porch can provide these superior qualities:
• Minimal need for regular maintenance
• Available in a wide variety of unique textures and colors
• Toughness in all weather conditions
• More stability – less likely to shift or become uneven due to frost/moisture levels
• Eco-friendly uniqueness/individuality per stone (over the repeated patterns of wood/concrete)
• Freshness and appeal – no signs of aging or fading over time
• The eco-friendliness of natural stone
• A natural elegance and richness to your overall landscaping
• Added value and increased attractiveness/desirability for your property
Georgia Front Porch will match or coordinate materials that can be used to bring the new look from your front porch to the steps and down to your front walkway, creating an attractive effect is guaranteed to catch your neighbors’ eyes!