Cooler weather is the perfect time to spruce up your home’s curb appeal. Did you know home sellers can increase their property’s value up to 20% with some well-executed updates? And, even if you plan on staying for the long-term, updates will make your home more inviting to family and guests and keeps your residence and property looking fresh.
Here are 7 ideas to add more curb appeal this fall:
- Replace fading summer flowers with seasonal mums, pansies, and kale. Stuff your flower baskets with these fall beauties and don’t forget to add small pumpkins.
- Make a bold choice with your front door color.It’s not a big job so once the season changes you can keep things fresh with another color choice. We think orange makes a nice fall statement!
- Add some bling to your home by painting your pumpkins a metallic gold with spray paint. Or, use silver and gold leaves to make a generally plain door shine. If the mood strikes you, add a silver striped ribbon to your pumpkin and really stand out.
- Add a festive touch to your mailbox with autumn flowers, corn stalks, and a pumpkin or two.
- Speaking of pumpkins, paint your house numbers on fall’s favorite plant. Better yet, if you have a steady hand, script your family name on your winter squash. Yes, a pumpkin has the same botanical classification as a squash.
- Decorate your front yard lamp poles with pumpkins and corn stalks. Fill a wagon with fall décor and plant it on your front porch.
- Frame your front door with pumpkins on either side. Add some corn garland and a seasonal doormat and you’ll welcome your neighbors and friends to the fall season.
Interested in a BIG idea?
One of the best ways to enhance your home’s curb appeal while protecting visitors, packages, and your front door from the elements is with a portico. To learn more, check out our short, but informative VIDEO.