Do you use your backyard to host cookouts, parties or drinks with friends? But what about that very public space in your front yard which offers a great opportunity to connect with people in your neighborhood? Here are some front yard and front porch ideas to inspire you:
• Create a courtyard: If your front yard is small, a courtyard can be a focal point. For homes with larger yards, it can be a secret getaway. Walls can be made of a variety of materials like stucco, brick or wood and when you add soft plantings, the wall don’t seem as imposing.
• Deck out your porch: Already have a front porch? Perfect! Now think about creating different seating areas on your porch and accessorize with furnishings that make it feel like an outdoor room such as colorful pillows, an outdoor area rug, hanging chandeliers or lanterns, potted plants, etc. If your space is limited, choose a charming bistro table with two chairs.
• Enclose an existing porch: If you have a porch but don’t use it often due to annoying insects or weather issues, consider screening it in. Add a ceiling fan and you’ll complete the transformation to a four-season feature of your home.
• Create simple gravel areas: Popular with the French and Italians, gravel is organic and charming. Plus it works beautifully with myriad house styles. Gravel can be a great base for your furniture, complemented by oversized pieces of flagstone as stepping stones. If you want to tame the surrounding grass, add edging material like bender board or mortared stone.
• Add a front porch: There’s nothing that says Southern Hospitality more than an expansive front porch. Extend one from your home or create a freestanding structure. We’ll be happy to help you select the right style and size to fit organically with your home.
If you’d like to see what we can do to add character to your front yard, give us a call at 770-781-8234 for a FREE no-hassle design consultation or request a quote for your project.