Do you love your ranch home/rancher and are looking for easy ways to revive it? A front porch addition is a great way to enhance the curb appeal and value of your single-level property. Plus, our expert design team at Georgia Front Porch has included other spectacular ideas to ramp up your horizontal space.
If you’ve decided it’s time to freshen up and modernize your ranch home’s appearance, we have offered a few expert ideas. We will also give you information on how to have a front porch addition installed.
Your Ranch Home Deserves a Fresh Look
Break up the box.
Ranches tend to look boxy and suffer from monotonous horizontal lines; break them up with landscaping upgrades.
- Select shorter shrubs (think boxwoods) that won’t cover a ranch’s lower windows.
- Cut back on the number of shrubs and trees altogether to make your home appear bigger.
- Plant taller plants like evergreen trees to frame your garage’s entrance.
- Design a curved walkway starting at the driveway leading to the garage.
- Put perpendicular stepping stones from the porch to the street.
- Make sure not to have shutters up that are too narrow for your windows.
Your house may look like a shoebox, but we know it has so much more potential than that.
- Choose rustic materials such as reclaimed wood for shutters and fencing.
- French doors are a nice touch to connect the home’s inside with outdoor living spaces like porches and decks.
- Hang or place lighting around your front doorway to brighten up and add some focus to this area.
- Essentially, you want to showcase the front door, windows, and shutters through color, light, shapes, and texture. The last thing you want is the front of your house to look hidden.
Paint a fresh coat
Anything looks better with a fresh coat of paint. Choose something different this time and make sure to get high-quality paint.
- Freshen the outside by painting the brick exterior. Many homes have undergone a virtual transformation by painting red brick white or light gray.
- Do you love a vintage look? Paint the front door a bright color and replace your house and mailbox numbers with mid-century font options.
A Front Porch Addition for Your Ranch Home
All of the tips above will make your house even more of a home. Although, a front porch addition creates a fantastic adaptable outdoor living space and makes your home more inviting. Already have a front porch? Great. Check out our blog on how to make yours more welcoming.
Looking to have a front porch designed and installed? Georgia Front Porch can help dramatically improve your ranch home’s appearance with its premier front porch and portico installations. Take a look at our many porch projects with before and after photos with an array of different style homes.
As one of Georgia’s premiere front porch builders, our curb appeal experts will design and construct a front porch addition that will have your neighbors swooning!
Get started today with the Atlanta area’s leading front porch contractor, Georgia Front Porch. Contact our team now or request a free quote. You can also call us at 770-781-8234. We can’t wait to get started on your front porch or portico.